What's the difference between e-Family Forum's calendar and the one I already have on my computer?
e-Family Forum's calendar was designed from the start as a family calendar, to be shared by any family member with Internet access. Our calendar doesn't depend on any specific hardware, computer operating system, browser software, or Internet Service Provider. Plus, it's designed to be as fun as it is useful.
How do I add an event to the Family Calendar?
All events are added by using the Editor's Page section of your e-Family Forum. You must be the Main Forum Editor or a designated Calendar Editor to have access to the calendar administration. See the About the Editor's Page section on the main Editor's Page to find out how to contact your family's editor.
What's the best way to add multiple calendar events?
Once you've successfully added an event to your calendar, hit your browser's "back" button to get to the previous screen. Most of the time the last information you entered is still there and you can simply replace names & dates, etc. Other times you may get the screen for adding or editing the event okay, but it's blank. To fix this, use your browser's advanced preferences to set the cache size to at least 1 megabyte so your computer will store the temporary files. Any browser should work fine, but we've found that Netscape seems to be the most stable when making multiple entries.
Can I customize my own Family Calendar?
Yes. Even though your family's editor(s) control which photographs and family events appear on your Family Calendar, you can still customize the look and functionality of your own calendar. You can define preferences for your own holidays, astronomical events, colors and design themes, language and more. Visit the Editor's Page and scroll down to the Edit Your Family Album Page/Individual Settings section for more information.
The grid lines or photos aren't printing on the printable version of the Family Calendar. How do I fix that?
You need to configure your web browser to print background images and colors. To set up your browser, follow these steps. Consult your browser's documentation for more information.
- Internet Explorer 5 or higher for Macintosh - Choose "Print Preview" from the "File" menu. Check "Print Background" and "Print Images" at the bottom of the screen.
- Netscape 3 and higher for Macintosh - Choose "Page Setup" from the "File" menu. If applicable, select either "Netscape Navigator" or "Netscape Communicator" from the pull-down menu in the upper left corner. Check "Print Backgrounds" in the lower left hand corner of the dialog.
- Internet Explorer 5 or higher for Windows - Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu. Click the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to the "Printing" section and check the box labeled "Print background colors and images." Click the "OK" button.
- Internet Explorer 4 for Windows - Select "Internet Options" from the "View" menu. Click the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to the "Printing" section and check the box labeled "Print background colors and images."
- Netscape 4 for Windows - Choose "Page Setup" from the "File" menu. Check "Print Backgrounds" in the upper left hand corner of the dialog.
- Netscape 3 for Windows - This browser will only print images that are in the foreground, so all of the shaded title bars won't print. However, to print out the text in the reversed title bars, select "Page Setup" from the "File" menu, and check the box labeled "Black Text."
- AOL 5.0 for Windows - Select "Start:Settings:Control Panel" from your Windows task bar. Double-click on the "Internet Options" icon. Click the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to the "Printing" section and check the box labeled "Print background colors and images." Click the "OK" button.
I've linked a calendar event to a Family Album page and I now want to remove it. Can you help?
At the top of the Link to Family Album Page pull-down menu on the Edit Family Calendar Events screen, there's a "blank" selection at the top of the list of Album pages. Click on that and let go of your mouse and you will see the pull-down menu bar is now blank. Once you click on the "submit" button (highlighted in yellow) the link will be removed.
Use the same technique with all of the pull-down menus on the Editor's Page to remove a selection.
Is there any way to display more than two images on a calendar or album page?
There is a limit of two images on any given calendar or album page, but you can make each image a collage of multiple pictures with imaging software like Adobe Photoshop.
How large can my uploaded images be?
Each uploaded image is restricted to 250 pixels wide. There is no height restriction per se. However, if you make your photographs too high, the printer friendly version of your Family Calendar might not fit on one page. It all depends on what kind of printer is being used and the combination of how many family events and holidays you have on any given month.
Should I give the editor's password out to everyone in my family?
Yes, if you wish to do so. A couple of people are fine, but we don't recommend giving it to everyone, because anyone with the editor's password can add, change, or delete anything from your e-Family Forum. Any changes made are immediate. For instance, if someone chose to delete all of the individual album pages, including the photographs, they could do so with the editor's password. If you want a couple of people to share the responsibility for the editing, just make sure the photographs and information are easily available so they can be re-entered if mistakenly deleted.
Can I sign up for more than one forum?
Yes. It would not be that unusual to have four - one for each side of a two-person household.
Can I enter the same event or add photos for more than one forum at a time?
No. For your privacy, each e-Family Forum has a unique login and password that's required to access the forum and accomplish any editing task.
How do I give an e-Family Forum as a gift?
If you are purchasing the forum as a gift, go to the Join page and simply fill out the basic information for the recipient along with your own billing details. The person receiving the gift will be notified by E-Mail to let them know their forum has been activated. The E-Mail will include the initial settings you've submitted for them, including all logins and passwords. They can use their editor's password to customize their e-Family Forum to their liking.
Designed and maintained by Safety Zone ©2021